Work Permit Visa

Tier 5 Government Authorised Exchange Internship Visa

January 7, 2019 332

Tier 5 Government Authorised Exchange Internship Visa

It often happens that a student in the UK successfully passes their exams and decides that they would like to find a job, stay in the UK, and make their life here.

But these days it is not so easy. The old Tier 1 Post-Study Work visa has been abolished and switching to a Tier 2 Skilled Worker visa is possible, but quite hard, because the student has to be offered a skilled job and sponsored by a licensed employer and paid the appropriate salary, which is more than an employer might be prepared to pay to a fresh graduate with no experience.

There is, however, one useful way out of this problem: the Tier 5 Government Authorised Exchange Internship visa.

This visa enables a migrant to work for an employer for up to one year as an intern – ie in a “learning job”. The employer does not have to pay any particular level of salary as long as it is at least to the level of the National Minimum Wage, and neither does the employer need to be a licensed sponsor.

This can be very attractive for employers, and also for migrants who want to gain work experience. It could be very helpful for those who are aiming at a skilled Tier 2 job, and graduate Tier 4 students can switch in the UK to a Tier 5 GAE Internship visa without having to return home.


UK international Students working Visa 

At Get UK Visa we have a lot of experience of this visa and we can advise you in detail about the requirements and benefits.






Recent News

May 17, 2019

Article 3 Human Rights

In a case which reached the European Court of Human Rights (ECtHR), the Iranian authorities had attempted to extradite a Georgian man (GS) who was being held in Bulgaria. He had been arrested in Bulgaria on the basis of an Interpol Red Notice. The Iranian authorities wanted him because he had been prosecuted on a […]

May 10, 2019

required earnings

If you want to apply for a visa as the spouse (wife or husband) or partner of a person who is British or settled or who holds refugee leave, one of the requirements that has to be met is the financial requirement. If you are applying from outside the UK it is in most cases […]

Apr 16, 2019

Domestic violence visa

A person who holds or held a visa as the spouse or partner of: a British citizen a person settled in the UK a person who holds leave as a refugee a person who holds leave as a partner under refugee family reunion and who experiences domestic violence or abuse from their partner, may be […]

Google Reviews

  • review rating 5  Excellent service There is no more stars for adel and couros they give a lot of advice. great job. Would recommend it to all

    thumb F K
  • review rating 5  Friendly and hassle free service. They make everything very clear from the start and happy to answer any questions. Highly recommended!

    thumb Parsa Jepherson
  • review rating 5  Fantastic service! The help and guidance provided was excellent and we got a positive result as well. Would definitely recommend to anyone going through any kind of legal process.

    thumb Ryann Green
  • review rating 5  My wife and I are so happy with the service we received from Get UK visa. Professional, helpful, and very prompt. Adel was in charge of our case and helped us all the way till we succeeded in our case. Highly recommend them.

    thumb Javad & Zahraa
  • review rating 5  Wonderful team, so helpful and great at what they doing .So pleased and lucky to be as your client ..Well done for doing your job amazingly

    thumb Bahareh Otadi