English language requirements

December 17, 2019 514

Most types of visa application have an English language requirement. For a spouse visa application, for example, there is normally a requirement that the applicant has passed an English language test to at least A1 level.

For applications for settlement (ie indefinite leave to remain) and British naturalisation the English language requirement is more difficult. Applicants must normally have passed an English language test to at least B1 level and, additionally, they must have passed the Life in the UK test, which also requires a good knowledge of English.

But there are some exceptions to this. Applicants aged under 18 or aged at least 65 do not have to meet English language/Life in the UK test requirements at all.

And there is another category of people who can be exempted: the relevant rule says that a migrant may be exempted from meeting the requirements if they are “unable to, because of a long-term physical or mental condition”.

In other words, a migrant can be exempted if they have a sufficiently serious medical condition, which could be either physical or mental and is not likely to improve any time soon.

To prove this the migrant must get a medical practitioner to provide written evidence and complete an exemption form. If the grounds that the practitioner give are sufficiently compelling then the Home Office may waive the requirements.

At Get UK Visa we have extensive experience of visa applications, settlement applications and British naturalisation applications, and we can help you navigate your way through problems and issues such as these.

Recent News

Jan 05, 2020

مدرسه شبانه روزی تابستانی در انگلستان

هدف ما از این پست اطلاع رسانی و معرفی دوره‌های مدارس تابستانی کشور انگلستان می‌باشد که به مدت شش هفته در مدارس شبانه روزی برای دانش آموزن بین سن هشت تا هفده سال برگزار میشود. هر ساله بسیاری از دانش آموزان از کشور‌های مختلف برای آموزش زبان و گذراندن دوره‌های کوتاه مدت از قبیل ورزش […]

Dec 01, 2019

Refugee family members

Some readers may know that a family member of a refugee may, apparently, also be granted leave as a refugee. The biometric residence permit that they are granted may contain the words “refugee leave to remain” or similar. But this is actually wrong. Unless the family member has made a successful asylum claim of their […]

Nov 19, 2019

Tier 2 sponsor licence

Some UK-based employers find that they cannot get the skilled workers they need from the available workforce in the UK. But if an employer wants to recruit a skilled worker from outside the EEA the process is quite complex. The employer must first of all acquire a Tier 2 sponsor licence from the Home Office. […]

Google Reviews

  • review rating 5  The team they have is very accuracy, and they have lots of experience with any type of visa application, which is can help, I highly recommended to the people they looking for the solicitor for any type of visa in the uk.

    thumb Ashkan mostaghim
  • review rating 5  To best ways to help me

    thumb Amir ghamsari
  • review rating 5  Best solicitors ever. Quick and best services from them. Good luck and best wishes. 🙏🏻

    thumb Mozhgan Enayat
  • review rating 5  Best solicitors ever. Quick and best services from them. Good luck and best wishes. 🙏🏻

    thumb Mozhgan Enayat
  • review rating 5  Well we hired Get Uk visa they are very professional and do work honestly and passionately !! I appreciate their service we got successful business representatives overseas visa as well branch establish . they guide us proper , my suggestion pls hire them right away if need success result thanks stay bless

    thumb mohsin dhahri