Work Permit Visa

Tier 2 sponsor licence

November 19, 2019 1,349

Some UK-based employers find that they cannot get the skilled workers they need from the available workforce in the UK.

But if an employer wants to recruit a skilled worker from outside the EEA the process is quite complex. The employer must first of all acquire a Tier 2 sponsor licence from the Home Office. This is a licence that enables an employer to sponsor non-EEA skilled workers. Then the employer must make a further application to the Home Office for a “certificate of sponsorship” so that they can sponsor the particular migrant they want to employ.

Then the migrant must submit a visa application to the Home Office. If the visa application is successful then the migrant will be granted leave as a Tier 2 Skilled Worker, and this visa will enable them to work for that employer in the job for which they have been sponsored.

There is thus a three-stage process, and there is the added complication that in many cases the employer will have to advertise the position they want to fill. This is so that the best candidate will get the job and a non-EEA migrant will not displace a worker from the EEA or the UK.

In some cases the Sponsor Licence application can get quite involved, because the Home Office pays an audit visit to the employer’s premises to have a look at the office systems, especially the Human Resources aspect. They want to be confident that the systems are robust enough to handle employees who are under immigration control. If not this could be a ground for refusal of the sponsor licence application.

This is a quite a complex and difficult scheme, but employers in some fields are desperate to get the skilled workers they need from outside the UK.

If you are an employer in this situation we will be able to help you with your application for a Tier 2 Sponsor Licence and the subsequent further work and applications. We have good experience in this area.

Recent News

Nov 04, 2020

Tier 5 Government Authorised Exchange Internship Visa

As we all know, European free movement will finish on 31 December 2020, and after that date EEA nationals will be treated the same as everybody else. The points-based system will carry on but its nomenclature will be changed somewhat. The Tier 2 scheme will be renamed the “Skilled Workers” scheme and the Tier 4 […]

Oct 16, 2020

IHS fee increasing

The Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) is a charge that has to be paid by many visa applicants in addition to the visa application fee, but those in some categories (eg visitors, refugees, EEA nationals, settlement applicants) do not have to pay it. The money goes towards the National Health Service, and is justified by the […]

Oct 05, 2020

New student route from 5 October 2020

As everybody knows, EU free movement will end on 31 December 2020, after which EEA nationals will be treated the same as everybody else. There will be a new points-based system, which will cover both working routes and study routes. The Home Office has now provided details about the new study route, which opened on […]

Google Reviews

  • review rating 5  I do appreciate the professional work/service of Mr. Adel Temory along his team at GET UK VISA for the support in my application for the British naturalisation process. He has an extremely professional knowledge/experience and is time bound communicator. I strongly recommend GET UK VISA to everyone who is trying to get a UK visa/settlement or citizenship..

    thumb Wagma Battoor
  • review rating 5  I highly recommend GET UK VISA! My experience with them was amazing. They are accessible and honest which makes you feel instantly at ease. Without their help I will probably still be waiting for my husband visa approval. We are definitely pleased and could have not asked for anything more! If you are looking for an affordable and professional lawer, that makes everything run smoothly, then you have found it! I will always recommend GET UK VISA to anyone needing an immigration lawyer.

    thumb Nargess Hosseinioun
  • review rating 5  thanks a lot for are the best in uk and I really appreciate about your knowledge.👏👏👏👏

    thumb iman karimi
  • review rating 5  I recommend Get UK Visa professional group. they helped me to get my fiancé visa responsibly. I would ask them to help me again for my future visas certainly.

    thumb nahid hashemi
  • review rating 5  I can not be more happy with GET UK VISA, they have done a great help to resolve my immigration problem. I highly recommend them. Many thanks

    thumb Alireza Bahmani